There are things that become like breathing, I think — things that once seemed so hard and now simply feel like waking up or drifting off to sleep.
My respiratory list includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- 6 miles at an 8:47 & 45-minute workouts at age 43.
- Coffee-in-hand presentations on no sleep.
- Good mornings & I love yous that resist a grumpy mood.
- Stops on the hill to note a sunset (dinner can wait).
- Walks in moonlight and on ice.
- Ladders, roofs & ferris wheels.
- Giving worry & fear a hard no.
- Typing with long nails.
- Owning a cat.
- Loving everything I am….
I don’t twirl hair or bandwagon girl-energy. I flip headlights on otherwise-silent roads and send lyrics to consider. I dance at the best moments and offer humor at the worst.
THIS. IS. HOW. I. BREATHE.